Bareboat Bareboat Skipper
Mediterranean – Palma, Greece & Croatia
At Sunsail we provide the very best sailing holidays; giving customers amazing experiences on the water.
From complete beginners to experienced sailors we have something to suit everybody, from courses at our sailing schools to flotilla charters. Our first class fleet of yachts, dozens of destinations and talented and experienced staff keep our customers coming back year after year.
Our skippered charters welcome a large variety of customers, from experienced sailors who would like somebody on-board to tackle the hard work and provide their unrivalled local knowledge and expertise, to customers who have never sailed before and are looking to relax and enjoy the adventure, whilst knowing they are in safe hands. Customers can get as involved in the sailing as they like, whilst enjoying the turquoise waters, lively harbours, and endless horizons.
Living on board with the customers, our bareboat skippers are required to plan and adapt the charters itinerary dependant on each customer’s preferences, weather forecasts, and perhaps even any secret hidden gems.
Sunsail are currently recruiting bareboat skipper’s to work in the Mediterranean for the upcoming summer. Our roles are based in Palma, Greece and Croatia. Full and high season roles are available and following successful summer placements; winter opportunities will be available.
Main duties will centre around the yachts, the base and ports of call. Working hours vary and you MUST be able to cover operational requirements. You may at times be required to assist with other duties including flotilla and shore based work.
What you will be doing
- The successful and safe skippering of the mono-hull/catamaran throughout the customer’s holiday, from passage planning, motoring, sailing, anchoring, berthing, the skipper is responsible for all associated elements
- Ensuring the safety of all guests throughout the charter
- Maintaining a high level of presentation and maintenance of the yacht throughout charter
- Yacht preparation on turnaround days including deck cleaning
- Greeting guests and assisting with boarding; followed by an on-board welcome brief covering safety and yacht systems
- Regular checks on equipment; specifically safety equipment
- Socialising with the guests
- Sharing local knowledge of the area with guests
- Upon charter completion; conducting a de-brief on the yacht with the guests, ensure all paperwork is filled in, and transfers are organised and communicated.
- Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager
What we are looking for
- RYA Yacht Master Costal or Offshore with Commercial Endorsement and valid medical certificate (ENG1/ML5)
- Safety conscious with the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Sociable and positive personality
- Adaptable character who can adjust to different circumstances
- A quick learner, who can pick up and retain local knowledge
- STCW is preferred, however not essential
- Experience skippering catamarans is desirable, but not essential
The WINDBOATS GROUP is one of the UK’s longest established yacht building companies and manufactures... Read more
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our award winning B2B media company. Read more
Salterns Boatyard has an immediate opening for an experienced Valeter / Yard Hand to join our busy b... Read more
At Sunsail we provide the very best sailing holidays; giving customers amazing experiences on the wa... Read more
The Cirdan Sailing Trust works hard to support is staff and promote them where appropriate. Because ... Read more