Salterns Marina are looking for an experience Yard Foreman for their busy Boatyard.
The Main Job roles are :
To control day to day activities of Boatyard and hoist activities, ensuring that maximum efficiency is maintained, along with a high quality of workmanship and adherence to Company procedures. Overall responsibility for the good housekeeping and operation of the yard when open.
- Yard job scheduling including liaising with other department managers to ensure services and personnel required are available to carry out work to meet contracted completion dates.
- Ensure that at all times the Company’s Standards and high level of Customer Service are maintained.
- Overseeing Yard Hands, imparting knowledge to ensure jobs are completed correctly and to the required standard.
- Overseeing and controlling boat hoist operations to meet both internal and external customer requirements.
- Operation and overseeing of power washing vessels.
- Controlling boat movements within Boatyard and car park hard standing.
- Boat maintenance for customers as detailed on job cards by service department.
- Ensure that boats and customer equipment is left in a clean and tidy fashion, report any damage (fault or non-fault) to the Service Manager or other Company Manager immediately.
- Operate as part of the team to ensure that at all times there are adequate numbers of staff to carry out day to day functions.
- Ensure Yard machinery and vehicles are maintained in a clean and tidy fashion
- Carry out regular safety checks of yard equipment.
Strong work ethic
Professional at all times
The role also involves working with the Marina bosuns to carry out boat movements within the marina.
- Salterns Marina Limited
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- BOATYARD FOREMAN
- Poole, Dorset
- 42.5 per week Mon – Friday 8am – 5pm with half hour lunch.
- Commencing hourly rate: tbc