Marketing & PR Manager
We are looking for a talented, experienced, hands-on, strategy-led Marketing & PR Manager to join our award winning B2B media company. Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven Marketing Manager to join a great B2B media company, influence strategy and support the developing marketing team whilst making their mark in a pleasant work environment.
Mercator is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Mercator Media prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Providing day-to-day support, guidance and structure to a diverse department and team, ensuring all goals are achieved to agreed timelines.
* Manage and implement processes within the department to ensure a planned approach to all tasks.
* Driving a collaborative team approach and ensure the team’s continual development for the company.
* Create, drive and manage marketing campaigns for each company asset including the use of marketing automation programmes and data capture campaigns – Mercator currently uses Marketo.
* Monitor and analyse successes and failures to improve lead retention, lead nurturing and lead generation marketing techniques.
* Production of copy and material for print, e-news, web and press across multiple events.
* Manage inbound and outbound communication, digital and social media, PR, events and internal communications
* PR liaison with external key contacts, stakeholders, magazines and other distribution media.
* Develop and champion the company’s brands, co-ordinating with other departments to support company goals and achieve success.
* Support the company in identifying key growth opportunities including events, partnerships and new marketing opportunities.
The suitable candidate will be:
* A senior PR and marketing manager in the B2B sector.
* Experience in multi-channel communications, PR, advertisement content/schedules, branding and events.
* An excellent copy writer with a good track record of engaging with a range of different market sectors via print, web, social and eCommunications.
* Focused, enthusiastic and confident professional who enjoys working with teams.
* Culturally aware in order to build successful relationships with partners on international events.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite.
* Proficient in working with content management systems and marketing automation programmes.
* Minimum of five year's hands-on marketing management experience.
* Focused, enthusiastic and confident communicator.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
* Experience working in a B2B media environment selling multi-platform solutions including magazines, websites, new media, exhibitions, conferences and other events.
* A proven ability to lead and manage a team of 6+ employees.
* Be a creative thinker & problem solver with the ability to identify problems early and cultivate inspiring innovations & ideas.
* Clear written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills. Be IT savvy.
Second language would be preferred, but not essential. The role will be office based, and may require overseas travel.
Deadline for applications is noon on Monday 9th October 2017. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Michelle Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercator Media
- Date Posted:
- Job Title:
- Marketing & PR Manager
- Fareham, Hampshire
- Remuneration to match experience