Fast 40+ clothing partnership
'Invictus' will compete in the Fast 40+ race circuit this year
Helly Hansen has been named as the official clothing partner of Sir Keith Mills’ Ker 40+ 'Invictus' for 2017.
Invictus, which is designed by renowned British designer, Jason Ker, will compete in this year's Fast 40+ race circuit. It will be helmed by Sir Keith and his son, Alex, with leading Volvo Ocean Race sailor, Rob Greenhalgh, as tactician and crew boss.
Alex Mills said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Helly Hansen for the 2017 season. These boats are very physical to sail and can be extraordinarily wet, so it’s really important that our crew has the best performance kit to keep them dry, whilst retaining the freedom of movement required to get the boat around the course.”
As part of the sponsorship, Helly Hansen is kitting out the team with the latest sailing collection, including the HP Foil Jacket, HP Foil Smock Top and HP Foil Salopette.
Invictus finished second overall in the Fast 40+ Series in 2016.
The vessel is named after the William Henley poem published in 1888, which was the inspiration for the Invictus Games, which Sir Keith Mills setup with HRH Prince Harry in 2014.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Fast 40+ clothing partnership
- New sailing collection from Helly Hansen
- Summer collection from Helly Hansen
- Award for Helly Hansen race jacket
- Helly develops its H2 Flow system
- Six-year absence
- Helly Hansen is Vendée Globe supplier
- Helly Hansen keeps the cold at bay
- Helly Hansen says sailing is changing
- Helly Hansen website
- HH silver
- H-H website
- Helly Hansen's spring '04 range
- Convincing fleece
- Helly Hansen’s got it in the bag
- A matter of identity
- Helly Hansen aims for third record year
- Helly Hansen sells majority stake