New sailing hardware from Allen Brothers
The 45mm AutoRatchet features Allen's X2 pawl system
Sailing hardware company Allen Brothers will show its A2345 AutoRatchet and A5266 Slingshot mainsheet jammer at METSTRADE this year.
The 45mm AutoRatchet features the firm’s X2 pawl system - incorporating two pawls into the ratchet block mechanism - allowing the load to be evenly shared between both.
This enables the block to withstand higher working loads, increasing both the reliability and longevity of the block. A larger 60mm version will follow early next year.
The self-aligning A5266 mainsheet jammer is designed so that the mainsheet will create a turning force on the block and jammer, meaning the cleat will always be forced to point away from the boom and towards the helm.
This prevents the sheet from wrapping round the block, giving extra control for fast, smooth tacks and gybes.
Visitors to stand 03.216 can also find out more about the firm’s earlier launch of its new catamaran mainsheet system – the A2169 and A2069 Quint blocks.
This new mainsheet system features Allen's patented dynamic bearing blocks with five 60mm sheaves, resulting in a design that makes light work of the heavy loads produced from catamaran mainsails such as the F18.
In addition, Allen Brothers’ partnership with Nodus Factory this year sees it distributing their soft shackles range – a complement to its tie-on blocks.
Made from differing diameter dyneema and the Factory’s self-designed T-close system, Allen says they are a lighter, stronger alternative to standard metal shackles.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- New sailing hardware from Allen Brothers
- Record year for Allen
- Host of new boats and products at the RYA Suzuki Dinghy Show
- Allen Brothers METSTRADE product launches: stronger, faster, smoother, lighter
- Anodised through deck bushes from Allen
- Greater strain is placed on blocks
- Small lines and CAD drive Allen development
- Lyne will develop Allen brand
- Allen launches its new Ezi-tie block range
- Pro-Boat appointed for Allen range
- Allen Brothers
- Deck Hardware products 2010
- Allen Brothers reorganises