Garmin scoops nine NMEA awards
This is the third consecutive year Garmin has won NMEA's Manufacturer of the Year award
Garmin International has been named Manufacturer of the Year by the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA).
This marks the third consecutive year the accolade has been won by Garmin, which also picked up eight wins in NMEA’s Product of Excellence Awards, including radar, autopilot, MFD, mobile application — aid to navigation, mobile application — utility, fishfinder, AIS and multimedia entertainment.
Dan Bartel, VP of global consumer sales at Garmin, said: “We are incredibly proud and humbled by these recognitions and we look forward to continuing to move the marine industry forward by delivering first-class hardware, software and support.”
Multiple titles retained
For the second year in a row, Garmin won the MFD category for its GPSMAP 8624.
Garmin brand FUSION also received consecutive honours in the multimedia entertainment category, this year for the AV755 Marine Stereo System.
Garmin received the top spot in the autopilot category for the fifth year running for its GHP Reactor Hydraulic Autopilot with SmartPump.
The new Fantom 24 radome with MotionScope technology took top honours in the radar category.
Garmin BlueChart Mobile was named the best mobile application aid to navigation and Garmin Helm won for mobile application utility.
Other Garmin products honoured include the GSD 26 black-box sounder in the fishfinder category and black box transceiver AIS 600 in the AIS category.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Garmin named Volvo Ocean Race supplier
- Garmin scoops nine NMEA awards
- Jury verdict awards $38m in damages to marine electronics firm
- Patent ruling is overturned
- US$37m fine recommended
- Garmin helps avoid collisions
- Garmin acquires ActiveCaptain
- Garmin supports Race to Scotland
- Garmin aims to be first
- Garmin is selected by Yamaha Marine
- Garmin introduces satellite communication technology
- Garmin’s new launches
- Users want functionality together with the latest designs
- Garmin updates its GPS navigator
- Garmin notches eight NMEA Awards
- Screens work in all conditions
- Screens work in all conditions
- Garmin expands
- ITC rules in Navico’s favour
- Garmin announces gWind Wireless 2 Transducer
- Technical supplier for Artemis Racing
- Garmin at Seawork
- Garmin launches HD radar at LIBS
- Garmin builds radar test facility
- Garmin: market share up, inventories reduced
- Garmin - 01.103
- Garmin - N30J
- Garmin named as Raymarine bidder
- Garmin and Fairline get together
- Garmin recalls BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision v2009
- Garmin 1st quarter 2009 revenue down 34%
- Garmin opens new European headquarters
- Garmin signs for Middlesbrough
- Waterproof hand held GPS from Garmin
- New Touchscreen chartplotters from Garmin
- Garmin's portable chartplotter
- Garmin phases out G-Chart support
- Garmin 4th quarter 09 show increases
- Garmin offers 15p a share for Raymarine
- Booking now for Leather & Lycra 2010
- Correction: Garmin offer independent of unnamed third party
- Leather & Lycra night – The Cat joins in…
- Garmin introduces the AIS 300 receiver
- MES and Garmin in Christmas tie-up
- Volvo Penta signs agreement with Garmin
- 2011 Marine Industry Regatta - FINAL CALL
- Garmin 7% up, but marine down 14%
- John Danby joins Garmin sales team
- Garmin’s latest models at Seawork
- Garmin awards industry dealers
- New Garmin products at Seawork