Adapt and survive

Robin Petherbridge of Creative Partners reveals some of the tricks of the trade gleaned from 25 years creating campaigns for the marine industry
Industry Database

You probably know what happens if you open a marketing email designed for a laptop on your mobile.

It's way too wide, or the text, images and links are too small, it's basically illegible or unnavigable.

If you unsubscribe straight away, you're one of 30% who do the same, while the other 70% immediately delete the email. Not good for business!

Responsive (RWD) and Adaptive (AWD) techniques are well established for configuring websites for smartphones, and now it's the turn of html email. If you don't know your xHTML from your HTML5, best not think about trying to do it yourself.

Keeping up with the dark art of making e-shots render correctly across even a handful of common desktop and mobile platforms is a full time job best left to specialists.

But since nearly half of all emails are now opened on smartphones, making your e-shots mobile friendly is pretty important.

The stats for a recent e-shot we sent to motor boaters revealed that over 90% opened it with an iPhone. So if this is your target market, mobile friendly e-shots are not just desirable they're essential.

But make sure your website is responsive as well, you don't want an iPhone user clicking a link on your carefully constructed responsive email and being directed to a web page the size of a laptop screen.

rp@cp-uk.com

Latest Press Releases

WesCom Signal and Rescue shortlisted for the 2018 Safety at Sea Awards

The world’s leading supplier of marine distress signals, WesCom Signal and Rescue announces it has b... Read more

Torqeedo appoints Engines Plus Ltd as new UK canal boat sector dealer ahead of inland waterways festival, Crick Boat Show

Torqeedo has appointed Engines Plus Ltd, a leading engine dealer, to be the UK dealer for the canal ... Read more

Torqeedo Showcases Latest Innovations in Sustainable Marine Propulsion Technology at Seawork International

Crystal Lake, Ill. – May 23, 2018 – Torqeedo will demonstrate the latest developments in electric ma... Read more

FUSION® SHIFTS AUDIO ENTERTAINMENT PARADIGM WITH THE REVOLUTIONARY APOLLO SERIES

Leading Audio Manufacturer Unveils Groundbreaking RA770 and SRX400 Audio Entertainment Systems Read more

FUSION® LAUNCHES PANEL-STEREO – AN ALL-IN-ONE ENTERTAINMENT SOLUTION

Leading Audio Manufacturer Announces Powerful Plug and Play Solution with Bluetooth Streaming Read more

Experts Highlight Viable Power and Propulsion Solutions for Next Generation Vessels

Lithium-ion battery expert Dr John Warner is presenting at the NEXT GENERATION Marine Power & Propul... Read more

View all