How to get that five star review
If you need convincing on why third party review sites matter - research has revealed that 92% of customers use reviews from sites like Trip Advisor or Trust Pilot to help them make purchasing decisions. Trip Advisor alone reaches 350 million unique visitors a month and sees 200 new contributions added every minute.
But what do you need to do to achieve that highly coveted five star review?
(1) Give great service: Whatever you are selling, it’s the service that wins extra stars. When customers enter into a transaction, they are not looking to criticise you – they want you to reaffirm their decision you’re the best supplier for them.
(2) Ask for feedback: It sounds simple, but be sure to encourage customers to leave a review. This not only reminds them at a critical time, but also shows you really value their feedback.
(3) Protect yourself from nasty tactics: Companies have recently noticed a trend of false reviews, usually left by competing businesses. You can avoid this by using an invite-only process, such as Feefo, that only asks for feedback from genuine customers.
(4) Don’t just aim for a five star review: Of course this is what you’re striving for, but don’t let it blind you to your other reviews – or tempt you into the grey area of writing fake reviews! Many people suspect reviews are fake if they don’t see any negatives. Stay genuine and appreciate all the feedback you get.
(5) Listen to the negatives: Getting a bad review is never a pleasant experience for any business owner, and it’s horrible to feel like you’ve let a customer down. But negative reviews are a fantastic opportunity to understand where you can make improvements, to make sure it’s a better experience next time.
Latest Press Releases
Leading Audio Manufacturer Unveils Groundbreaking RA770 and SRX400 Audio Entertainment Systems Read more
Leading Audio Manufacturer Announces Powerful Plug and Play Solution with Bluetooth Streaming Read more
Lithium-ion battery expert Dr John Warner is presenting at the NEXT GENERATION Marine Power & Propul... Read more
Hosting four regional trade shows over seven days and covering nearly 1,400 miles is not for the fei... Read more
SMG are delighted to be launching SMG Meet The Manufacturers 2018. This Trade Only event for the Mar... Read more
February 2018 Fareham UK - Mercator Media Ltd, the international, market-leading B2B marine media bu... Read more