How to maximise exhibitions using social media
If you’re exhibiting at a show, its important to have social media platforms and content schedules ready. Here’s a quick social media check list to help navigate your way to a productive show season, writes Kate O'Sullivan, MD at ADPR.
- If you don’t have one, set up a Twitter account. Every show will use hashtags to promote their event. Find out what these are and use them.
- Regardless of which platforms you’re using, create a plan that details and timetables posts.
- Tweet customers, prospects, suppliers and journalists inviting them to drop by your stand.
- Run a Twitter competition – it’s a great way to aggregate a list of show attendees. Ask them to Tweet a photo of your stand using the show hashtag and @mention your Twitter handle to be in with the chance of winning.
- During the show, Tweet about what’s happening - name check journalists, industry bigwigs or customers who’ve visited the stand. Take and share photos and if you’re feeling adventurous, live stream from your stand.
- If you have a brand ambassador at the show then hold a meet and greet, take pictures and live stream a Q&A.
- Ask prospective customers if they’re on LinkedIn. The perfect environment to connect, especially in the B2B space.
- After the show, get back in (virtual) contact with anyone you’ve connected with in the real world via LinkedIn or Twitter.10. Write a blog post once you're back in the office, including any post show quotes and point all your new connections to it via your social media channels.
- Say ‘thank you’ to the organising team using the show hashtag – this works especially well if you have a deal to announce following the show.
- Write a blog post once you're back in the office, include any post show quotes and point your new connections to it via your social media channels.
Latest Press Releases
Expanding its global presence, MyTaskit has signed its first international reseller. Auckland, New Z... Read more
FUSION® Entertainment to showcase state-of-the-art line-up at TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show 2018
14-23 September 2018 | Stand FO14 | FUSION® Entertainment is showcasing its latest range of world-l... Read more
FUSION®, a worldwide leader in marine entertainment, announces it now tests its speakers to the ISO1... Read more
The world’s leading supplier of marine distress signals, WesCom Signal and Rescue announces it has b... Read more
Torqeedo appoints Engines Plus Ltd as new UK canal boat sector dealer ahead of inland waterways festival, Crick Boat Show
Torqeedo has appointed Engines Plus Ltd, a leading engine dealer, to be the UK dealer for the canal ... Read more