How to maximise exhibitions using social media
If you’re exhibiting at a show, its important to have social media platforms and content schedules ready. Here’s a quick social media check list to help navigate your way to a productive show season, writes Kate O'Sullivan, MD at ADPR.
- If you don’t have one, set up a Twitter account. Every show will use hashtags to promote their event. Find out what these are and use them.
- Regardless of which platforms you’re using, create a plan that details and timetables posts.
- Tweet customers, prospects, suppliers and journalists inviting them to drop by your stand.
- Run a Twitter competition – it’s a great way to aggregate a list of show attendees. Ask them to Tweet a photo of your stand using the show hashtag and @mention your Twitter handle to be in with the chance of winning.
- During the show, Tweet about what’s happening - name check journalists, industry bigwigs or customers who’ve visited the stand. Take and share photos and if you’re feeling adventurous, live stream from your stand.
- If you have a brand ambassador at the show then hold a meet and greet, take pictures and live stream a Q&A.
- Ask prospective customers if they’re on LinkedIn. The perfect environment to connect, especially in the B2B space.
- After the show, get back in (virtual) contact with anyone you’ve connected with in the real world via LinkedIn or Twitter.10. Write a blog post once you're back in the office, including any post show quotes and point all your new connections to it via your social media channels.
- Say ‘thank you’ to the organising team using the show hashtag – this works especially well if you have a deal to announce following the show.
- Write a blog post once you're back in the office, include any post show quotes and point your new connections to it via your social media channels.
Latest Press Releases
Leading Audio Manufacturer Unveils Groundbreaking RA770 and SRX400 Audio Entertainment Systems Read more
Leading Audio Manufacturer Announces Powerful Plug and Play Solution with Bluetooth Streaming Read more
Lithium-ion battery expert Dr John Warner is presenting at the NEXT GENERATION Marine Power & Propul... Read more
Hosting four regional trade shows over seven days and covering nearly 1,400 miles is not for the fei... Read more
SMG are delighted to be launching SMG Meet The Manufacturers 2018. This Trade Only event for the Mar... Read more
February 2018 Fareham UK - Mercator Media Ltd, the international, market-leading B2B marine media bu... Read more