The importance of digital PR
Whilst generating print coverage remains an important part of any PR campaign, securing online coverage in the form of a digital PR campaign offers many significant benefits to businesses, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
1. 1. SEO – due to the high domain authority of many online news sites, there is a huge search engine benefit to generating online coverage. In fact, some clients employ us ONLY for this purpose.
2. Longevity - digital coverage of a story is permanent in the main, meaning people searching the internet will be able to find your online story long after your story in the paper has been consigned to the recycling bin.
3. Influencers – when undertaking a digital PR campaign, businesses develop valuable relationships with the key influencers in their sector – we aren’t just limited to journalists anymore. Influencers could be industry thought leaders, bloggers, celebrities and social media stars.
4. Measurement – digital PR is much easier to track than traditional PR activities. Through Google Analytics it is possible to analyse which online news sites or blogs have directed the most traffic.
5. Speed – due to its very nature, online PR campaigns deliver much quicker results than a traditional print campaign. Online coverage can be secured within hours.
However, it’s also worth being aware of several key issues with online PR campaigns…
1. Lack of control – can mean a story being mispresented or not running at all!
2. Time – although you may be able to secure some quick wins, long-term success requires an on-going investment.
3. 3. Budget – if you are hoping to work with a key blogger, the chances of having to support the PR campaign with advertising budget are high.
The WINDBOATS GROUP is one of the UK’s longest established yacht building companies and manufactures... Read more
We are looking for an experienced & talented Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media com... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more