The importance of digital PR
Whilst generating print coverage remains an important part of any PR campaign, securing online coverage in the form of a digital PR campaign offers many significant benefits to businesses, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
1. 1. SEO – due to the high domain authority of many online news sites, there is a huge search engine benefit to generating online coverage. In fact, some clients employ us ONLY for this purpose.
2. Longevity - digital coverage of a story is permanent in the main, meaning people searching the internet will be able to find your online story long after your story in the paper has been consigned to the recycling bin.
3. Influencers – when undertaking a digital PR campaign, businesses develop valuable relationships with the key influencers in their sector – we aren’t just limited to journalists anymore. Influencers could be industry thought leaders, bloggers, celebrities and social media stars.
4. Measurement – digital PR is much easier to track than traditional PR activities. Through Google Analytics it is possible to analyse which online news sites or blogs have directed the most traffic.
5. Speed – due to its very nature, online PR campaigns deliver much quicker results than a traditional print campaign. Online coverage can be secured within hours.
However, it’s also worth being aware of several key issues with online PR campaigns…
1. Lack of control – can mean a story being mispresented or not running at all!
2. Time – although you may be able to secure some quick wins, long-term success requires an on-going investment.
3. 3. Budget – if you are hoping to work with a key blogger, the chances of having to support the PR campaign with advertising budget are high.
Latest Press Releases
Expanding its global presence, MyTaskit has signed its first international reseller. Auckland, New Z... Read more
FUSION® Entertainment to showcase state-of-the-art line-up at TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show 2018
14-23 September 2018 | Stand FO14 | FUSION® Entertainment is showcasing its latest range of world-l... Read more
FUSION®, a worldwide leader in marine entertainment, announces it now tests its speakers to the ISO1... Read more
The world’s leading supplier of marine distress signals, WesCom Signal and Rescue announces it has b... Read more
Torqeedo appoints Engines Plus Ltd as new UK canal boat sector dealer ahead of inland waterways festival, Crick Boat Show
Torqeedo has appointed Engines Plus Ltd, a leading engine dealer, to be the UK dealer for the canal ... Read more