The importance of digital PR
Whilst generating print coverage remains an important part of any PR campaign, securing online coverage in the form of a digital PR campaign offers many significant benefits to businesses, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
1. 1. SEO – due to the high domain authority of many online news sites, there is a huge search engine benefit to generating online coverage. In fact, some clients employ us ONLY for this purpose.
2. Longevity - digital coverage of a story is permanent in the main, meaning people searching the internet will be able to find your online story long after your story in the paper has been consigned to the recycling bin.
3. Influencers – when undertaking a digital PR campaign, businesses develop valuable relationships with the key influencers in their sector – we aren’t just limited to journalists anymore. Influencers could be industry thought leaders, bloggers, celebrities and social media stars.
4. Measurement – digital PR is much easier to track than traditional PR activities. Through Google Analytics it is possible to analyse which online news sites or blogs have directed the most traffic.
5. Speed – due to its very nature, online PR campaigns deliver much quicker results than a traditional print campaign. Online coverage can be secured within hours.
However, it’s also worth being aware of several key issues with online PR campaigns…
1. Lack of control – can mean a story being mispresented or not running at all!
2. Time – although you may be able to secure some quick wins, long-term success requires an on-going investment.
3. 3. Budget – if you are hoping to work with a key blogger, the chances of having to support the PR campaign with advertising budget are high.
Latest Press Releases
Leading Audio Manufacturer Unveils Groundbreaking RA770 and SRX400 Audio Entertainment Systems Read more
Leading Audio Manufacturer Announces Powerful Plug and Play Solution with Bluetooth Streaming Read more
Lithium-ion battery expert Dr John Warner is presenting at the NEXT GENERATION Marine Power & Propul... Read more
Hosting four regional trade shows over seven days and covering nearly 1,400 miles is not for the fei... Read more
SMG are delighted to be launching SMG Meet The Manufacturers 2018. This Trade Only event for the Mar... Read more
February 2018 Fareham UK - Mercator Media Ltd, the international, market-leading B2B marine media bu... Read more