Future of Yacht Recycling Conference
Carla Demaria, president of Monte Carlo Yachts, is one of the speakers at the conference
RECYCLING: The inaugural Future of Yacht Recycling Conference starts at 10:00 in Room D201-202, The Elysium, The RAI Centre, Amsterdam on Monday 16 November.
The organisers have announced further details of confirmed speakers and panellists who will present their experiences and lead debates on the subject of End-of-Life Boats (ELBs) and how their growing numbers can be practically dealt with in the coming years.
Being staged at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre and timed to take place the day before the 2015 METSTRADE show opens, this dedicated one-day forum will attract delegates and participants from all sectors of the international leisure marine industry.
The event is fully sponsored by METSTRADE and supported by ICOMIA, which has provided the chairman for the day in the shape of its secretary general Udo Kleinitz.
Having been closely involved with the marine industry for well over 20 years, Mr Kleinitz brings a great deal of personal and professional interest to the subject matter.
As qualified master boatbuilder, he has held technical management positions with ICOMIA and British Marine (BM).
Carla Demaria, president of Monte Carlo Yachts, president of the Board of the Italian nautical industry association UCINA and a speaker with acknowledged in-depth experience of the boatbuilding industry, will deliver the keynote address.
She will set out her views on why the global yachting industry has to seriously engage in the process of dismantling and responsibly recycling the boats of yesterday in order to make way for the boats of tomorrow.
Mirna Cieniewicz, secretary general of the Brussels based European Boating Industry will present an overview of the Boat DIGEST project.
This collaboration between several EU based partners has been designed to create a working platform that facilitates the safe and environmentally responsible dismantling of boats which have reached the end of their working life.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Record international audience at 30th METSTRADE
- Boat Builder Award for Fairline
- New product launches for Besenzoni
- 2017 Boat Builder shortlist is announced
- Diversity exemplified at this year’s DAME awards
- Actisense to launch two new products
- Investment seminar to tackle financial know-how
- Future sustainability requirements to be addressed
- Innovative materials is showcase focus
- Last chance to nominate for Boat Builder Awards
- METSTRADE Breakfast Briefing will focus on equipment opportunities
- Visitor registration opens for METSTRADE 2017
- Boat Builder Awards 2017
- New chairman for DAME jury
- METSTRADE continues to expand
- New dimmer from IMED
- Measures are being taken to dismantle end-of-life-boats
- METSTRADE 2016 breaks records again
- DAME Awards jury encouraged by high quality of products
- New products from Barton Marine
- ICOMIA World Marinas Conference
- Metstrade 2016 expands further
- Below are some of the Metstrade DAME Awards nominations for 2016.
- Symposium on Yacht Design at METSTRADE
- Boat Builder Awards 2016
- Record numbers nominated for a DAME Award
- Are you going to METSTRADE?
- RAI Amsterdam buys 50% stake in IBEX
- Keynote speech on circular economy to open Metstrade 2016
- Speakers announced for Sustainability in the Marine Industry Conference
- Boat Builder Awards
- Dometic supports marine innovation
- METSTRADE 2016 expands capacity
- METSTRADE 2016 expands capacity
- The RAI announces DAME nominees
- METS jury announces DAME 2008 nominees
- DAME Awards support AMREF Flying Doctors
- Final call for 2009 DAME Award entries
- ICOMIA extends METS support
- Confidence high for METS 2009
- DAME Awards add eco-friendly category
- METS: new website; new feature
- METS: a great show of confidence
- Record exhibitors for METS
- METS closes 6% down, but 'exceeded expectations'
- METS invites charities to apply for DAME funding
- 90% of stands sold for METS 2010
- METS hosts 21st HISWA Symposium
- 20th DAME supports boatbuilding academy
- METS 2010 - SuperYacht Pavilion sold out
- Free new technologies workshop at METS
- METS DAME jury announces 2010 nominees
- Will METS see us turn confidence corner?
- METS keynote will turn gloom to boom
- METS/SYP 2010 does good business
- METS ‘early bird’ deadline approaches
- METS seeks charities for DAME funding
- Last call for METS DAME charity funds
- DAME entries close 20 September
- METS/SYP starts today
- METS - Dometic announces annual awards
- Marina Pavilion relaunched at METS 2012
- METS wants memories for special displays
- New SuperYacht networking event at METS
- METS revises DAME Award regulations – larger jury and updated judging criteria
- Final call for DAME Award entries
- 39 finalists for DAME Award judging
- Bavaria CEO to give METS Keynote speech
- Torqeedo takes DAME Award
- METS 2012 – one of the best yet
- Material Xperience at METS
- METS calls for DAME entries
- METS welcomes new country pavilions
- New entry policy for METS 2013
- 13 UK DAME nominees
- New Digital Yacht products at METS ‘13
- Bilge Pro System unveiled at METS 2013
- Brunswick’s future is the boating industry
- METS 2014 opens doors earlier
- Sailing Summit gets METS support
- METS 2014 – 90% booked already
- ISS 2014 set to be “revolutionary”
- Carla Demaria keynote speaker at METS 2014
- New look SuperYacht Pavilion at METS 2014
- DAME 2014 open for entries
- METS boat launched
- METS 2014 to break records
- METS DAME nominations…
- Best of British at DAME Awards 2014
- Halyard heats up METS 2014
- Jefa Steering wins DAME 2014
- Digital Yacht unveils new products at METS
- METS 2014 sets new records
- METS Early Bird discount ends 1 March 2015
- METS Breakfast Briefing speaker announced
- Tickets for METS Boat Builder Awards
- METS awards to reward inspiring marketing
- Call for METS Boat Builder Awards
- DAME Design Awards 2015
- Lifetime Achievement award up for grabs
- Rens-Jan Van Vliet strengthens METS team
- 25th DAME nominations revealed
- Actisense to unveil new NMEA technology at METS
- DAME nomination for H-L's Flex 3D jacket
- Records tumble at METSTRADE show
- Joke Ekelschot joins METSTRADE team
- Sustainability at the METSTRADE show
- METSTRADE catalogue ready to download
- Future of Yacht Recycling Conference
- First joint winners of 25th DAME Awards
- British excellence reigns at METSTRADE