Harken back on board with Clipper
Harken is the official winch and deck hardware supplier for the Clipper Race for the third time
SUPPLIER: Harken is once again the official winch and deck hardware supplier for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, which this year celebrates its 10th year.
Harken produces blocks, travellers, furling systems and winches which can be found on the smallest dinghies through to the largest mega-yachts for both cruising and racing; including the America’s Cup and Olympics.
Following the success of the partnership in the Clipper 2013-14 Race, chairman and founder of the Clipper Race, Sir Robin Knox Johnston said: “I am delighted that Harken will continue to partner with us for the Clipper 2015-16 Race. The standard of winch and deck hardware equipment coupled with the level of service provided to us by Harken during the last race makes them a perfect partner.
“This will be our third consecutive race partnership and will also mark the second outing for the Clipper 70 fleet which Harken worked closely with us on to ensure that winches, blocks and organisers were best placed for efficient performance,” he added.
The Clipper 2015-16 Round the World Yacht Race starts on Sunday 30 August 2015 from South UK, and will return almost a year later after completing its 40,000 nautical mile circumnavigation.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Exclusive Ropeye distributor deal for Harken
- Harken sponsors Oracle Team USA
- Flexible marine seating
- New snatch block from Harken
- New V block from Harken
- Automation will help prevent sailors ‘switching sides’
- Wally broadens influence to production boats
- Harken to distribute FSE Robline
- Harken adds 75mm Straphead
- Harken's warehouse warming party
- Harken store for Cowes High Street
- Harken to distribute mast steps
- Cool Harken moves into shades
- Harken's charity
- Lubricious foil from Harken
- Harken on the move
- Harken's Youth
- Harken gets Tylaska
- Harken reports 40% sales increase
- Deck hardware: hardware evolves
- Deck hardware: wonders by design
- Safe Sailing with Ocean Safety and Harken
- MTA/Boating Business Awards
- Harken pulls in new business
- Harken back on board with Clipper
- Harken Captive Reel offers 70 tons