Land Rover BAR Academy supplier
The Land Rover BAR Academy wearing their Spinlock T2 jacket
Spinlock is the new official technical supplier of personal protective equipment for the Land Rover BAR Academy.
The academy aims to support talented young British sailors aged between 19 and 24 years old and create a pathway into the America's Cup.
Chris Hill, CEO of Spinlock, said: “Land Rover BAR saw that we approach things very differently with our level of detail design and production focus, we're not just trying to conform to rules and regulations, and we're trying to help people perform better. It's a performance-led approach that carries across into all parts of sailing."
The ten-strong team will be wearing their BAR T2 Jackets as they compete for the second year running in the Extreme Sailing Series (ESS) throughout 2017, as well as the Red Bull Youth America's Cup in June 2017, in Bermuda.
BAR T2 Jacket claims to be one of the most technologically advanced lifejackets, following wind tunnel testing to maximise aerodynamic wind flow over the PFD and innovative safety features, designed with high-agility foiling in mind.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Marine companies celebrate winning the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Land Rover BAR Academy supplier
- 35 years of service at Spinlock
- Spinlock improves its industry rating
- New floatation vest from Spinlock
- Profile Chris Hill: Spinlock
- ‘Unprecedented’ testing for lifejacket
- Spinlock entertains royalty
- Simple maintenance is provided by Spinlock
- Spinlock welcomes skippers to Cowes
- New Rig-Sense from Spinlock
- Improvements to product design and aesthetics
- Spinlock takes wet and wild Industry Regatta
- Spinlock hits the Bullseye
- Spinlock's new slant on harnesses
- Spinlock to collect SMART business award
- Jammer fits any working line
- Spinlock praises its distributors
- Spinlock collects Innovation Award
- Category winner – Spinlock Deckvest LITE
- Spinlock under new ownership
- Chatham and Spinlock lead the way for UK
- Spinlock Deckvest criticised
- Marathon Leisure awarded for distribution
- Spinlock's buoyancy aids
- Two new METS products from Spinlock