Lubricious foil from Harken
Harken has introduced a headstay foil targeted at racing keelboats. The Harken Carbo Racing Foil is, they say, a step forward in racing foils and offers a superior design and significant materials advances over the PVC commonly used in similar racing foils.
The foil's Carbo material is, they say, very low friction for fast hoists, douses and sail changes.
Its high strength also increases resistance to line wear.
Impact resistance is also increased with less foil damage from spinnaker poles, especially in cold weather. Heat has a negligible effect on stiffness, so the sail holds securely. The black colour provides superior UV protection and is easy to see against a light sky, while complementing modern sailcloth colours. The foil also features an improved feeder/ prefeeder system.
Installation is easy. When the foil is uncoiled it straightens.
Snapping the foil onto the stay is a simple task and can be done with the mast up. The foil fits boats with headstays to 5/16 in or rods to -17.
Harken UK T: 01590 689122. F: 01590 610274 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: harken.com
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Exclusive Ropeye distributor deal for Harken
- Harken sponsors Oracle Team USA
- Flexible marine seating
- New snatch block from Harken
- New V block from Harken
- Automation will help prevent sailors ‘switching sides’
- Wally broadens influence to production boats
- Harken to distribute FSE Robline
- Harken adds 75mm Straphead
- Harken's warehouse warming party
- Harken store for Cowes High Street
- Harken to distribute mast steps
- Cool Harken moves into shades
- Harken's charity
- Lubricious foil from Harken
- Harken on the move
- Harken's Youth
- Harken gets Tylaska
- Harken reports 40% sales increase
- Deck hardware: hardware evolves
- Deck hardware: wonders by design
- Safe Sailing with Ocean Safety and Harken
- MTA/Boating Business Awards
- Harken pulls in new business
- Harken back on board with Clipper
- Harken Captive Reel offers 70 tons