New snatch block from Harken
Harken's new snatch block
Harken has launched a new snatch block with quick to open sideplates that can be fastened where needed for temporary leads, line deflection and static line functions requiring small adjustments.
A fixed soft-attach loop carries the block’s primary load and a captured Velcro strap holds the block closed when the sideplates are aligned.
A broad reflector tab has been incorporated for easier use, particularly at night and while wearing gloves.
"We listened to our customers on what it would take to design the ideal snatch block," explained Corinne Rich, Harken custom sales manager. "They wanted a block that was small and compact, with a fixed loop and an adjustable Velcro strap permanently attached at one end that could handle extreme loads with a minimum of friction. And here it is."
Harken’s composite bearing technology (ULC) has been used to ensure the sheaves turn smoothly and maintain efficiency under extreme loading.
The blocks have snap-fit Torlon bearings for handling sideloads and an integral headspacer to prevent the hard lube-anodised aluminium sideplates from deflecting and binding the wide sheave.
The blocks have maximum working loads from 2.3 – 15 tonnes and are suitable for line diameters from 11 - 26mm.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Exclusive Ropeye distributor deal for Harken
- Harken sponsors Oracle Team USA
- Flexible marine seating
- New snatch block from Harken
- New V block from Harken
- Automation will help prevent sailors ‘switching sides’
- Wally broadens influence to production boats
- Harken to distribute FSE Robline
- Harken adds 75mm Straphead
- Harken's warehouse warming party
- Harken store for Cowes High Street
- Harken to distribute mast steps
- Cool Harken moves into shades
- Harken's charity
- Lubricious foil from Harken
- Harken on the move
- Harken's Youth
- Harken gets Tylaska
- Harken reports 40% sales increase
- Deck hardware: hardware evolves
- Deck hardware: wonders by design
- Safe Sailing with Ocean Safety and Harken
- MTA/Boating Business Awards
- Harken pulls in new business
- Harken back on board with Clipper
- Harken Captive Reel offers 70 tons