Seldén rigs for Youth Sailing World Championships
Seldén Masts will supply rigs for the 420 class Youth Sailing World Championships Fleet
Seldén Masts has secured a contract to supply rigs for this year's 420 class Youth Sailing World Championships fleet.
The contract includes a Seldén Mast Zeta rig, a Nautivela hull and Olympic sails for all the 420 boats taking part in the event.
“We are really pleased to be involved with the Youth Sailing World Championship, supporting the developing sailors,” explained Steve Norbury, MD, Seldén Mast.
The Zeta masts will be made from Seldén’s new Xtra Proof Strength (XPS) aluminium alloy which has been developed with the company’s extrusion supply partner, XPS.
The masts have been designed to have significantly elevated proof stress designed to be less likely to take a permanent bend - a problem for dinghy sailors operating close to their mast’s yield point in extreme conditions.
Although Seldén produce two other 420 masts sections, the Zeta section was selected as the best all round mast for the event. The mast has a flex taper giving a more flexible tip and a greater gust response.
The 2017 Youth World Sailing Championship will be held in Sanya, China from December 9 to 16.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Additional models are designed specifically for dinghies and keelboats
- Golden Globe entrant receives sponsorship from Seldén Masts
- Seldén rigs for Youth Sailing World Championships
- Sponsorship is continued
- Distant Shores stars at Southampton Boat Show
- Seldén Masts supplies Oyster
- Selden moves into retail products
- Selden opens £4m facility
- New products from Selden
- Selden sells gennaker bowsprit kit
- Deck Hardware products 2010
- Seldén wins DAME Award
- Seldén appoints Allspars for distribution