Spinlock expands factory and staffing levels as demand for its products continues
Spinlock has expanded its factory and taken on 20% more staff since 2016
Continued growth has led to Spinlock expanding its factory and increasing its staff levels by 20%.
The designer and manufacturer of rope holding equipment and personal safety products has installed new machinery and increased sales exports to 25 countries in 2017.
"We are continually reviewing processes to improve the flow of goods and have upgraded the site accordingly,” said Spinlock's operation director Caroline Senior.
“There is a great buzz around our two Cowes’ sites as we have welcomed the new team members to Spinlock."
In addition to the factory expansion, Spinlock is continuing its training and employment of apprentices.
Two former apprentices have become full-time assembly operators at the factory; one now has a full-time job in the design department and two new apprentices started at the company this year.
The factory expansion comes during a year that has seen Spinlock work for America's Cup competitors Land Rover BAR as official technical suppliers creating the bespoke T2 lifejacket worn during their campaign.
Spinlock is also official supplier to the Volvo Ocean 65 Class for the 2017-18 edition Volvo Ocean Race, including developing a custom lifejacket harness for the sailors.
“2017 has been another successful year for Spinlock,” said Spinlock's CEO Chris Hill. “It is testament to our dedicated workforce that we can not only work with the world's best sailing events, but can simultaneously press forward with our expansion plans to meet the ever-growing demand for our products.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Spinlock’s latest lifejackets are worn by Volvo Ocean Race sailors
- Spinlock expands factory and staffing levels as demand for its products continues
- Deckvest lifejacket helps company export to 25 countries
- Custom lifejacket for VOR sailors
- Two new products from Spinlock
- Spinlock extends the use of ceramic coated parts
- Marine companies celebrate winning the Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Land Rover BAR Academy supplier
- 35 years of service at Spinlock
- Spinlock improves its industry rating
- New floatation vest from Spinlock
- Profile Chris Hill: Spinlock
- ‘Unprecedented’ testing for lifejacket
- Spinlock entertains royalty
- Simple maintenance is provided by Spinlock
- Spinlock welcomes skippers to Cowes
- New Rig-Sense from Spinlock
- Improvements to product design and aesthetics
- Spinlock takes wet and wild Industry Regatta
- Spinlock hits the Bullseye
- Spinlock's new slant on harnesses
- Spinlock to collect SMART business award
- Jammer fits any working line
- Spinlock praises its distributors
- Spinlock collects Innovation Award
- Category winner – Spinlock Deckvest LITE
- Spinlock under new ownership
- Chatham and Spinlock lead the way for UK
- Spinlock Deckvest criticised
- Marathon Leisure awarded for distribution
- Spinlock's buoyancy aids
- Two new METS products from Spinlock