Standard Horizon sponsors Alaskan expedition
Luke and Hazel Robertson will take part in a 2,000 Alaskan expedition
Standard Horizon is to sponsor cancer-charity fundraisers Luke and Hazel Robertson as they take part in a 700-mile kayak journey across the top of Alaska.
The expedition – Due North: Alaska – will also include a trek across Alaska on foot and bicycle making a total journey of more than 2,000 miles.
Accompanying the pair on the 80-day expedition will be a pair of Standard Horizon’s HX870E hand-held DSC VHFs, with built-in GPS and route navigation functionality.
This handset features an 1800mAh battery, a large, backlit screen, and a group monitoring function, allowing the position of up to eight other users to be shown on the compass-like display.
There is also an automatic distress strobe and a pre-set key for favourite channels. The set can be safely immersed to a depth of 5ft for at least 30 minutes.
In 2009, Mr Robertson survived surgery to remove a life-threatening brain cyst. The two athletes will raise money for the Marie Curie cancer charity.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Standard Horizon sponsors Alaskan expedition
- Two new VHF radios from Standard Horizon
- New METS launches for Standard Horizon
- Record attempt VHF support
- Standard Horizon’s hand held VHF radio
- Standard Horizon - Stand C117
- Seawork International continues to grow
- Standard Horizon's HX870E offers lots