Marina Development Limited, Hayling Island PO11, Full-time
Marina Developments Ltd is the UK’s leading Marina operator. Northney Marina is situated on the north Shore of Hayling Island and Sparkes Marina is situated on the south-east tip of Hayling Island. Both marinas lie within Chichester Harbour, one of Europe’s largest natural harbours.
To help us deliver exceptional service we are seeking to recruit a Boat Yard/Marina Operative to join the team working at MDL. You will be based at Northney Marina, which is a high profile, busy site. Our aim is to deliver the highest level of service to our customers, which demands the best from our team every day.
The role will include:
- Carrying out lifting operations
- Overseeing the berthing allocations of vessels
- Assisting in actively marketing and promoting the marina and associated services
- Maintaining the security of the site
This is a full-time position working an 8 hour day Monday to Friday; some weekend working will be required. You will be based at Northney Marina; however, you will also be required to work at Sparkes Marina.
The key requirements for this role are:
- An ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service
- Good practical boating skills
- Self motivated and able to work without supervision
- Innovative in your approach to solving problems
- Current computer literacy
- A practical, resourceful and common-sense approach
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to swim
There is full on-job training leading to industry-recognised qualifications. MDL Marinas are an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £20,155.20 per year
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hayling Island, PO11 0NQ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (preferred)