Cockwells Modern & Classic Boatbuilding
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Boatyard Operative to join our team.
The job will be based at both Mylor and Ponsharden and will include the following:
- Manoeuvring boats and equipment in the yard using telehandler
- Undertaking all tasks in relation to the upkeep, maintenance and general tidiness of the yard and facilities
- Opening up and securely closing the site daily
- Assisting the Boat Mover in the launch, recovery and chocking of boats
- Ensure that the Yard is always in a presentable state of cleanliness and upkeep both inside and out
- Conduct site transfer of goods between Cockwells work sites (Ponsharden & Mylor)
- Maintain and clean works vehicles and conduct weekly checks
- Ensure all equipment is used in a safe manner and any slip, trip or fall hazards identified
- Ensure the work areas are tidy and that all items are put back in the correct stores
- Strict adherence to the Company Health & Safety Policy
- Work and assist other trades and members of the team as required
- Telehandler experience & License
- Full driving license
- Trailer endorsement (or grandfather rights to tow a trailer)
- Willingness to drive panel van with trailer
- Willingness to undertake all types of jobs that may be required in the day to day running of a busy Company work site
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude, enjoy a varying and wide-ranging set of tasks, and be willing to help in any matter that is asked of them
- General DIY skills to a competent level
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours when required
It would also be useful, to have:
- Forklift Truck experience & License (although training for this can be arranged)
- HGV License or experience
- Experience laying up boats in a boatyard
- PB2, Boatmaster, Yacht Master or similar certification
Cockwells enjoy an enviable reputation as a company in the forefront of designing and building the highest quality boats, motor launches and tenders. The Company cleverly integrates traditional boatbuilding skills with innovative engineering and modern techniques to build custom and semi-production vessels of the highest quality. Following a major investment and redevelopment of their established base and boatyard at Mylor Creek near Falmouth and maintaining additional facilities at Ponsharden, Cockwells is looking forward to exciting times ahead, creating new opportunities and investing in the future of the Company and its workforce.
LOCATION: Cockwells are currently operating from both the main Company site at Mylor Creek Boat Yard, Mylor Bridge TR11 5NS and also from our subsidiary site at Vospers of Ponsharden, Falmouth TR11 2SD.
INTERVIEWS: Interviews will take place as and when suitable applications are received.
HOW TO APPLY: please submit a covering letter with your c.v.
X-Yachts GB, based in Hamble Point Marina is looking for a Yard worker to join their busy team. Read more
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Boatyard Operative to join our team. Read more
Holyhead Marina is a busy small business currently operating a large boatyard and 100m landing stage... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more