Carpenter/ Boat Builder
Carpenter/ Boat Builder
Aqua Narrowboats are looking for carpenters that are passionate about the woodwork they produce, can work as part of a team and keep on learning. Do you love working with wood? Like to feel proud of your work you've achieved, like to keep improving what you're doing? If the answer is yes, then working at Aqua Narrowboats might be the job for you. We build narrowboats to the highest specification, our team share these values and everyone strives to produce the most beautiful narrowboats on the canals.
Benefits of working for Aqua Narrowboats include:
- Each person will have a full induction process with annual training & appraisal to ensure you are continually developing.
- You will get 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- You will get Aqua Team clothing: shirts/ T-shirts/ sweater or jumpers and fleece
- You will get an allowance for any heath and safety kit required.
- You will get free parking onsite
- We have a flexible working policy to allow late starts and early leaves for appointments.
- Statutory sick pay is given where qualified.
- We also operate a ‘time off in lieu system’ so you can work extra hours, and take it back later.
- We have many ways of communicating with our team including meetings, staff newsletter with regular updates & posts, and welcome contributions by all employees.
- We have a complimentary staff xmas ‘do’ and invite employees to any other events that may come our way!!
So what are we looking for?
You will be a qualified carpenters (min NVQ 2 in bench joinery or furniture production) with some experience in furniture manufacturing. You will have a min grade C or equivalent in GCSE Maths and English. Experience of boat building would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given. You will be keen to learn, pay attention to detail, and have speed and accuracy of work. If you have the skills and some of the experience we are looking for then APPLY TODAY!
About the Job and application process:
You will be working with a small team of carpenters and engineers to complete each build, based at our new factory in Foston, just off the A50. This is a full time job (40hours) with flexible hours although usually 8am- 4.30pm.
Closing date is Monday 5th November ( All interview candidates will be notified by this date)
Interviews: week commencing 12th November
2nd interviews: week commencing 19th November
Start date: 1st January 2019 ( although could start sooner)
For further information about our company look on the website www.aquanarrowboats.co.uk
- Carpentry And Joinery: 1 year (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
A Boatyard hand is required to work in a Marina on the Isle of Kerrera. Read more
A long established GRP boat building company producing Quality 7.5m -12m commercial and recreational... Read more
Aqua Narrowboats are looking for carpenters that are passionate about the woodwork they produce, can... Read more
The ALC (All-weather Lifeboat Centre), which officially opened in August 2015, is our very own boat ... Read more
The Hinkley Point C Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe. During the busi... Read more