Editor- The Motorship
Editor – The Motorship
Competitive Salary DOE
Fareham, Hampshire (will consider remote working)
We are looking for an experienced and talented Editor to join our leading, award winning B2B media company for our niche brand The Motorship, established 1920. Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to ship owners and operators. Mercator Media Ltd is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven Editor to join a great B2B media company.
The role is to deliver a high quality B2B magazine in print, online, via email marketing and on various digital platforms. The Motorship provides its niche audience with authoritative editorial provides by writers who are experts in their field. As the ambassador for the brand you will work pragmatically with a commercial mind-set and take a pivotal and high-profile position in the progression of this title.
- Responsible for the news content and quality of the monthly print publication, website, Email marketing and digital formats to ensure articles & content are engaging and informative.
- Generating ideas for features.
- Overseeing the layout and appearance.
- Attend exhibitions, press conferences and press visits as required. Acting as an ambassador for the title and raising the profile of The Motorship brand.
- Assist with developing and setting agendas for the Motorship associated conferences.
- Source images check images for copyright, content, format and resolution.
- Liaise with Sales and Subscriptions and assist as necessary with related Mercator Media events.
- Work with other Editors to develop general best practices within Mercator Media.
- Recommend new projects, investments, and additional resources for creating additional revenue opportunities.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience an Editor with 5 years’ experience in professional editing.
- Excellent news writing skills and a good trace record of engaging with a range of different market sectors.
- Exceptional time and task management
- Focused, enthusiastic and a confident professional who enjoys working with teams.
- Experienced in writing engaging content for social media platforms within B2B markets.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
Second language is desirable, but not essential. The role will require overseas travel.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Deadline for applications is 30th November 2018. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ben Rogerson Yacht Design is looking for a motivated and highly skilled Design Engineer to join thei... Read more
To assist in the development and delivery of composite products and processes throughout the busines... Read more
Due to increasing demand Berthon has an immediate opening for an experienced Valeter to join our yac... Read more