West Sussex County Council -
We have a job opportunity available for someone to join our Harbour management team in Itchenor, part of beautiful Chichester Harbour.
You will be:
- maintaining moorings, navigation marks, vessels and property to high standards;
- skippering a range of small vessels and crewing our specialist moorings barge;
- assisting people to safely enjoy the Harbour both on and off the water;
- collecting harbour dues, mooring fees and other monies from Harbour users.
- have experience in the service and maintenance of small plant and excellent practical skills;
- have experience on the water either working or recreation;
- be motivated and enjoy meeting and assisting the wide range of Harbour users;
- have strong interpersonal skills, a strong team player and the confidence to act with authority where required.
You will work on the water all year round focussing on maintenance work, additionally, during the summer you will share Duty Coxswain and Patrol Officer responsibilities working some weekends on a rota.
We can offer varied and interesting work in a marine based environment using a range of skills and experience, training opportunities, a competitive salary, pension and generous holiday allowance. This is a rarely available opportunity to work for a unique public body, in a collaborative, team working environment and an exceptionally beautiful place.
For full job description, person specifications and application form, please see our website or if you have any questions please contact Adrian Karn – Deputy Harbour Master (Health & Safety).
Applications close Friday 18th January with interviews scheduled for the week beginning Monday 28th January.
Find out more about Chichester Harbour Conservancy and download the full job description and person specification from our website https://www.conservancy.co.uk/page/job-vacancies
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
To apply, please download an Application Form from Chichester Harbour Conservancy, https://www.conservancy.co.uk/page/job-vacancies, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Harbour Office tel. 01243 512301.
Please note this is not a WSCC post, it is being advertised on behalf of our partner organisation. Please only apply on the partner's direct website as we are unable to accept applications via the WSCC website.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager within our award-winning Marine Diesel Division. Read more
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our award winning B2B media company with a... Read more