Part-time Marina Operative
Shepperton Marina Ltd
Part-time Marina Operative
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. In order for us to provide the best marina we must have a team in place to provide a first-class service. The position of ‘Marina Operative’ is a very important one to the company.
The primary role is to upsell the Marina by offering a first class service to new and existing berth holders and ensure the Marina is a safe by carrying out thorough daily / weekly checks.
- Carry out daily rounds (morning & afternoon) of the whole marina checking on all boats, pontoons & facilities.
- Carry out weekly/monthly Health & Safety rounds of all the pontoons ensuring the safety equipment is readily available to be used in an emergency.
- Carry out monthly Health & Safety checks around the main building including fire door checks and emergency lighting checks
- Upsell the Marina to new berth holders including giving tours of the site.
- Respond to all enquiries by phone, email and in person.
- Ensure the site is continuously looking clean & presentable including; notice boards are up to date, the marina is litter free, trolleys are available at every trolley bay, bins are not overflowing, facilities are clean and presentable, pontoons are safe for visitors.
- Assist visiting boats into the Marina and manage the visitors log during the height of the season.
- Report maintenance issues to the Marina Services team.
- Build good relationships with boat owners / tenants and offer general assistance.
- Move boats around the marina when requested.
- Serve fuel.
- Operate the till.
- Carry out annual pontoon pressure cleaning.
- Complete the Marina Operatives course.
- Assist with ground works when required.
- Assist with boats sales – viewings demonstrations & movements.
- Assist with craning operations when required.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE PREFERRED.
FULL TRAINING FOR THE ROLE WILL BE GIVEN.
EXTRA DAYS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE SUMMER AS WELL AS HOLIDAY COVER.
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Shepperton TW17 (Preferred)
- English (Required)
We’ve got a rare and exciting opportunity for the right person to pick up the reins as our new Head ... Read more
The company is based in Hamble Point Marina and is looking for a Yacht Technician full time to join ... Read more
We are currently looking to recruit a full time Experienced Yacht Painter to join our team at Cockwe... Read more
To organise/manage a growing team of skilled/semi skilled tradesmen/women in a fast paced workshop e... Read more
Shepperton Marina prides itself on being the best marina on the river Thames. In order for us to pro... Read more