Mercator Media Ltd
£24k - £25,500k basic with OTE £40k+ (uncapped)
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the UK, USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven Sales Executive to join a great B2B media company.
- Plan and carry out sales activities to maintain and develop sales of our digital, print advertising and events product portfolio to UK and international accounts.
- Provide a structured, consultative sales approach providing solutions to new and existing client’s needs.
- Extensive client and relationship development to meet and exceed KPI’s and targets.
- Sourcing and creating new business sales opportunities via outbound calls.
- Attending exhibitions and events to network, build client relationships and create new client opportunities.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience as a Sales, Media Sales or B2B Sales Executive. Ideally with experience working in a B2B media environment selling multi-platform solutions including events, print and digital advertising to existing and new clients.
- Effective sales techniques and skills demonstrated by a successful track record of exceeding targets and goals in B2B sales.
- Strong organisational skills to track client opportunity, relationship management and sales pipeline management.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- The ability to rise to a challenge and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
Second language is desirable, but not essential. The role will be office based, and may require overseas travel.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Benefits include free parking, company away days, incentive schemes, Work place pension, death in service Insurance, additional holiday purchase and much more.
Deadline for applications is 31st Oct 2019. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Syreeta Boulton at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is the ideal partner for you if you are... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
Are you a highly motivated individual looking to expand your career? We are currently looking for pa... Read more
Our Client, a successful independent salmon farming company in the North of Scotland, has opportunit... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Sales Manager to join our award winning B2B media company... Read more