2020’s hotly tipped marketing trends
As we welcome in the new decade, let’s check out this year’s key marketing trends, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
1. Interactive content: Content marketing is evolving and in 2020, brands will be developing increasingly interactive content to drive brand engagement. Interactive content includes shoppable social media posts, AR/VR experiences, 360-degree video, quizzes and polls.
2. Live video: Video was a marketing essential in 2019 and this shows no sign of abating in 2020. This year’s added twist is that live video is expected to be worth over $70 billion by 2021. Live video is incredibly popular with consumers – spending three times longer watching live video than watching pre-recorded video.
3. Voice search: The take up of smart speakers with consumers continues apace. Even if your brand isn’t ready for smart speaker advertising, it’s time to optimise your content for voice search. Voice searchers use longer, more conversational queries so start adjusting your content to suit.
4. Big data, supported by AI and predictive analytics, is helping brands learn more about their audience and customers than ever before. Brands in 2020 will be using data in increasingly sophisticated ways to deliver truly personalised customer experiences.
5. Purpose: Today’s consumers want to engage with brands that stand for something, and they have high expectations of their favourite brands. In 2020, brands should be prepared to stand up to scrutiny on key issues – everything from your environmental impact to the way you treat your employees. Get involved with your community and support causes, events and charities that tie back authentically to your company’s purpose.
Latest Press Releases
Sir Robin Knox-Johnston is a household name in the world of sailing and beyond, but did he ever have... Read more
The Poole Harbour Boat Show is now officially launched for a return in 2020 to the spectacular boati... Read more
New for 2019 the Southampton Boat Show, powered by Borrow a Boat will be welcoming visitors into the... Read more
The International Paint Poole Regatta 2020 is developing to be the biggest event yet, with the organ... Read more
Your chance to enter the MS Amlin Seamanship Award 2019 closes at midnight on Tuesday 20th August. Read more
Sir Robin Knox-Johnston and Dee Caffari look at how the environment at sea has been damaged over the... Read more