Marketing trends to watch out for
As we ease ourselves into 2019, let’s look at some of this year’s key marketing trends, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
- Businesses will make wider use of ‘omnichannel’ communications centred around the customer. This means creating the customer experience so it is seamless and consistent, whatever channel they are using.
- Responsive websites are old news now. For 2019 it’s all about greater speed (thanks to Google’s Speed Update) and enhanced personalisation so customers get a truly personalised experience when visiting your website.
- Facebook and Twitter’s slow declines will continue. Instagram’s advertising revenue will increase in-line with greater usage and more advertising options. For B2B marketers, LinkedIn is expected to grow, as user numbers and platform revenue continues to rise consistently.
- Content marketing should remain a key part in any business’s strategy. To ensure cut-through, businesses will need to create super niche content relevant to their customers. And businesses may need to pay to share their content to new audiences, through promoted social posts and search advertising.
- Video advertising will continue to grow in importance after video advertising revenues overtook display advertising for the first time in 2018.
- As artificial intelligence and machine learning continue to evolve, the future of lead generation lies in marketing automation. HubSpot for example, already offers predictive lead scoring (how likely a lead is to convert based on their behaviour on your website, social channels and emails).
- The decline of traditional media means the continued explosion of influencer marketing. Finding the right ambassadors for your brand will be critical in 2019. Similarly, long-form sponsored content (native advertising) will become a core part of marketing communications as publishers seek new revenue opportunities.
Latest Press Releases
MS Amlin Yacht, the boat insurance specialists have now been race partners of Round the Island Race ... Read more
Sir Robin Knox-Johnston and Dee Caffari discuss changes in yacht design during Sir Robin’s sailing c... Read more
The MS Amlin Seamanship Award 2019 is now open for nominations. Having run for many years as a comp... Read more
Barton Marine is sponsoring Team Ausome-Lyra to compete in the 2019 Fastnet Race. The charity Ausom... Read more
MS Amlin Sponsored Yachts Win at ‘The Royal Escape Race’ 2019. Both MS Amlin sponsored entrants were... Read more
Barton Marine Partners with Barrus for Impressive Product Line-up for Seawork International 2019 (11,12, 13 June / Quayside Q17)
Leading global supplier of marine deck hardware, Barton Marine, announces its impressive product lin... Read more