Marketing trends to watch out for
As we ease ourselves into 2019, let’s look at some of this year’s key marketing trends, writes Kate O'Sullivan.
- Businesses will make wider use of ‘omnichannel’ communications centred around the customer. This means creating the customer experience so it is seamless and consistent, whatever channel they are using.
- Responsive websites are old news now. For 2019 it’s all about greater speed (thanks to Google’s Speed Update) and enhanced personalisation so customers get a truly personalised experience when visiting your website.
- Facebook and Twitter’s slow declines will continue. Instagram’s advertising revenue will increase in-line with greater usage and more advertising options. For B2B marketers, LinkedIn is expected to grow, as user numbers and platform revenue continues to rise consistently.
- Content marketing should remain a key part in any business’s strategy. To ensure cut-through, businesses will need to create super niche content relevant to their customers. And businesses may need to pay to share their content to new audiences, through promoted social posts and search advertising.
- Video advertising will continue to grow in importance after video advertising revenues overtook display advertising for the first time in 2018.
- As artificial intelligence and machine learning continue to evolve, the future of lead generation lies in marketing automation. HubSpot for example, already offers predictive lead scoring (how likely a lead is to convert based on their behaviour on your website, social channels and emails).
- The decline of traditional media means the continued explosion of influencer marketing. Finding the right ambassadors for your brand will be critical in 2019. Similarly, long-form sponsored content (native advertising) will become a core part of marketing communications as publishers seek new revenue opportunities.
Latest Press Releases
The team at Jotun Yachting is searching for the most interesting and historically significant restor... Read more
Preparations for Meet the Manufacturers 2019 (MTM2019) are well underway and it promises to be a sup... Read more
Boat insurance specialists MS Amlin Yacht are pleased to announce that they will be exhibiting at th... Read more
A £6000 donation from Jotun Paints to Friars Goose Watersports Club in Gateshead has enabled install... Read more
British luxury yacht manufacturer, Fairline Yachts, has announced MP Yachts OY as a new dealer in Fi... Read more
Boot Düsseldorf – 19-27 January 2019 – Hall 6, Stand D21 Read more